O.t.S 670 S.M. (FE 558)
“These things I command you, that
ye love one another" - John 15:17
1. LOVE him who‘s thy neighbour
The Lord’s command it is
Perfect example, Himself made
By the way us He lov‘d.
2. Love him who‘s thy neighbour
Be it in war or peace
All our foes us He taught to love
Evil with good repay.
3. Love him who's thy neighbour
The Lord's voice trumpets still
Ought all of us, so to prepare
Our neighbours all to love.
4. Love him who‘s thy neighbour
All in next portal dwells
Thine mockers, haters, friends and foes
And all with thee relate.
5. Love him who's thy neighbour
As Christ Jesus, us lov'd
Sore accussers and foes He Iov'd
All He cherish'd and bless'd. Amen