(FE 430) C.M.S 299, t.H.C 233 L.M
“And there I will meet with them, and
I will commune with thee from above
the mercy seaT. - Exd. 25:22
1. FROM every stormy wind that blows
From every swelling tide of woes
There is a calm, a sure retreat
‘Tis found beneath the mercy-seal.
2. There is a place where Jesus sheds
The oils of gladness on our heads
A place than all beside more sweet
It is the blood-stain’d mercy-seat.
3. There is a spot where spirits blend
And friend holds fellowship with friends
Though sunder’d far by faith they meet
Around one common mercy-seat.
4. Ah, whither could we flee for aid?
When tempted, desolate, dismay’d?
Or how the hosts of hell defeat
Had suffering saints no mercy‐seat!
5. There, there on eagle wing we soar
And time and sense seem all no more
And heaven comes down pour souls
And glory crowns the mercy-seat. Amen