Tune: Jeka layo ninu Jesu
1. O! Spirit Divine please descend
Come and be sitted in our hearts
And make Thine abode within us
our souls We wretched sinners
plead with Thee.
2. As we dwelleth still here on earth
To much misdeeds we are prone
Consequently leading to temptations
Lord we plead Thee, us come to save.
3. When in our temptations we are
bound Acquaintances may desert
Hold fast to thy faith, keep on praying
hard Jesus shall make thee triumphant.
4. Here below, friend may deceive thee
Even parents may desert
Hold fast to thine faith, call upon the
Lord In Jesus, thou shall find a friend.
5. He harkens to thee day and night
Thine supplications He knows
As thou calleth upon His name,
He harks His promises to thee fulfilled.
6. Call on Me often day and night
With unblemished faithful heart
Lift up thine gentle soul unto the Lord
Jehovah Jireh shall access.
7. Show love and kindness to all men
Forgive all who transgress thee
Add unto thine good works a faithful heart
Thence shall Christ Jesus save thy soul. Amen