C.M.S 157.H.C.162 L.M (FE 271)
"Then deliver him from the pit"
- Job 33:24
1. WHEN at Thy footstool Lord I bend
And plead with Thee for mercy there,
Think of the sinner‘s dying friend,
And for His sake receive my prayer.
2. Oh think not of my shame and guilt
My thousand stains of deepest dye
Think of the blood, which Jesus spilt
My pardon and my life to buy.
3. Think, Lord, how I am still thine own
The trembling creature of thy hand,
Think how my heart to sin is prone
And what temptations round me stand.
4. Oh think upon thy holy word
And every plighted promise there,
How prayer should evermore be heard
And how thy Glory is to spare.
5. Oh think not of my doubts and fears
My strivings with Thy grace divine;
Think upon Jesus‘ woes and tears
And let His merits stand for mine.
6. Thine eye, Thine car, they are not dull
Thine arm can never shorten’d be,
Behold me here; my heart is full
Behold, and spare, and succour me. Amen