C.M.S.239, t.H.C 222, L.M (FE 137)
1. AWAKE, my soul, to joyful days
And sing thy great Redeemer's praise
He justly claims a song from me
His loving kindness, oh, how free.
2. He saw me done, ruined by the fall
Yet loved me not withstanding all
He saved me from my lost estate
His loving kindness, oh, how great!
3. Tho’ num'rous hosts of mighty foes
Tho' earth and hell my way oppose
He safely leads my soul along
His loving kindness, oh, how strong!
4. When trouble, like a gloomy cloud
Has gathered thick and thundered loud
He near my soul has always stood,
His loving kindness, o how good!
5. Often I feel my sinful heart
Prone from my Jesus to depart
And though I oft have Him forgot
His loving kindness changes not.
6. So when I pass death‘s gloomy vale
And life and mortal pow’rs shall fail
O may my last expiring breath
His loving kindness sing in death.
7. Now let me rise to heights above
Unto perpetual land of light
ln wondrous joy to sing His praise
His Ioving kindness, o‘er in Heaven. Amen