(FE 825) 8s 4s
“Hours of Prayer" - Act.3:1
Tune: “Oluwa orun on aye”
1. MY God, is any hour so sweet
me blush of morn to evening star
As that which calls me to Thy feet,
The hour of prayer.
2. Blest be that tranquil hour of morn
And blest that hour at solemn eve,
When, on the wings of prayer upborne
The world I leave.
3. For then a day-spring shines on me
Brighter than morn’s eternal glow
And richer dews descend from Thee
Than earth can know.
4. Then is my strength by Thee renew'd
Then are my sins by Thee forgiven
Then dost Thou cheer my solitude
With hopes of heaven.
5. No words can tell what blast relief
There for my every want I find
What strength for warfare, balm for grief
What peace of mind.
6. Hush’d every doubt: gone every fear
My spirit seems in heaven to stay
And ev’n the penitential tear
Is wiped away.
7. Lord, till I reach the blissful shore,
No privilege so dear shall be
As thus my inmost soul to pour
ln prayer to Thee. Amen