H.C. 51, L.M (FE 59)
1. O THOU who makest souls to shine
With light from brighter worlds above
And droppest glistening dew Divine
ON all who seek a Saviour‘s love.
2. Do Thou Thy benediction give
On all who teach on all who learn
That all Thy Church may holier live
And every lamp more brightly burn.
3. Give those that teach pure hearts and wise
Faith, hope, and love, all warned by prayer
Themselves first training for the skies
They best will raise their people there.
4. Give those that learn the willing ear
The spirit meek, the guileless mind
Such gifts will make the lowliest here
Far better than a kingdom find.
5. Oh! bless the shepherd; bless the sheep
That guide and guided both be one
One, in the faithful watch they keep
Until this hurrying life be done.
6. If this, good Lord, Thy grace be given
Our glory meets us ere we die
Before we upward pass to Heaven
We taste our immortality. Amen