C.M.S. 38, C.H 224 7s (FE 56)
1. ERE another Sabbath close,
Ere again we seek repose
LORD, our song ascends to Thee
At Thy feel we how the knee.
2. For the mercies of the day
For this rest upon our way
Thanks to Thee alone be given
LORD and King of earth and Heaven.
3. Cold our services have been
Prayers and praises stained with sin
But Thou canst and will forgive
By Thy grace alone we live.
4. Whilst this thorny path we tread
May Thy love our footsteps lead
When our journey here is past,
May we rest with Thee at last.
5. Let these earthly Sabbaths prove
Foretastes of our joys above
While our pilgrims steps we bend
To the rest, which knows no end.